Today is Simple Smoothie Sunday! (Say that ten times fast!)
We have had more than one request for a smoothie recipe, and today we are finally honoring our multiple promises to put one on the blog- and with the weather finally starting to warm up, now is the perfect time for it! 🙂
Because while cold weather makes you want to tuck into a nice, warm bowl of oatmeal, warmer temperatures call for a nice cold, thick and creamy smoothie!
So let’s go over why smoothies are so awesome:
1. They’re so customize-able! You can use any variety of fruit or yogurt, milk or juice, you can even throw some veggies in there! The sky is the limit!
2. They’re delicious. Honestly, if Orange Julius can base their entire (successful!) business of of them, they must be good, right? Because who doesn’t love a thick, creamy drink that’s actually good for them? Which leads us to our third point…
3. They’re healthy! (Well, most of the time…) And they make great post-workout snacks, and of course, amazing breakfasts, too!
4. If you do it right, they taste almost as good as milk shakes 😉
5. Oh, and we already mentioned it, but they’re so easy!
So in celebration of the the much-anticipated and long-awaited arrival of spring, dust off that blender and pour yourself a nutrient-packed smoothie!
Prep Time: 5 min
Serves: 2 medium smoothies (or one very large one!)
1 c. frozen fruit (any kind!)
2/3 c. yogurt (plain, vanilla, fruit-flavoured, etc.)
1 c. milk (or juice, or half-juice half-milk)
Throw everything into the blender and blend until it’s nice and smooth!
-spinach (yes, you can add up to a cup of spinach to this recipe without even tasting it! Try it, you’ll suprise yourself!)
– protein powder (this makes for a great post-workout shake. You may have to add a little extra liquid, depending on the protein powder you use)
– spices (try cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, etc.)
– avocado (half an avocado makes this smoothie super creamy, and adds some healthy fats)
-Oats (for some whole grains to make this a meal- you’ll just have to add some extra liquid!)
– Fresh Fruit if you don’t have frozen- you just might want to add some ice so your smoothie will still be cold
What is your favourite, go-to smoothie recipe?